Minggu, 31 Oktober 2010

Update Your Facebook Status from the Command Line

The Facebook Developer Platform doesn’t give us the ability to set a user’s status so I decided to write my own method that would allow Facebook users to update their status messages without having to log into the website.

The first version that I wrote in 2006 was a little complicated. The script had to connect to several Facebook pages and collect cookies and challenge codes that were necessary to login and update the user’s status.

Facebook changed their login and status update mechanisms in version 2.0 breaking my original script. I’ve rewritten it to work with Facebook 2.0. It is now actually shorter because Facebook uses the user’s homepage as the central information area.

Any feedback is welcome. I plan to implement this in other utilities soon. Enjoy!

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008